Be amazed this Winter at Milestones
6 November 2012 – 6 January 2013
With lots of fun MAGICAL activities for children and adults of all ages.
- Enjoy LIVE performances from Ollie Mealings – Top Trumps official up-close card magician every weekend and throughout the school holidays. Please check times of performances on arrival.
- Pre-book your visit to the Father Christmas Grotto for selected times on 8, 9, 15,16, 22 and 23 December, £3 per child aged 0–15 yrs plus normal entry fees – up to 3 children per 10 min slot*. Available to book via telephone now and online by 16 Nov.
- History of magic and magicians.
- Storytelling with Winnie the Witch at weekends and during the holidays – please check times/availability on arrival.
- Have your face painted as a wizard, witch, dragon or other magical character from 27–31 Dec 2012 and 2–6 Jan 2013, 11.30–1.30 and then 2.30–4 pm. * £2 per person.
- Make your own wand* £2.50 per wand.* During weekends 11.30am–1.30pm and 2–4pm and on weekdays on demand. Please ask on arrival.
- Brave explorers can solve the Dalek's time travelling trail.
- Magical dressing up costumes such as dragon, Wizard, Witch and more!
- Optical illusions and interactive magic.
- Card Magic Masterclasses with Ollie Mealings – Top Trumps Official Magician* on selected dates from 4–4.45pm. Must be pre-booked for dates as follows: 15,16, 22, 23, 27, 28, 29, 30 and 31 Dec, 2–6 Jan. £10 per person. For aged 12+.
- Children can show us their magic skills in our 'Magic Factor' contest on 31 Dec, this is free to enter but places must pre-booked via our reception.
Visit our gift shop for a selection of magic themed items for sale. Excellent Christmas gifts!
FREE entrance to Culture-all passport holders
*These selected activities have an additional fee.
Card Magic Masterclass and Father Christmas Grotto requires pre-booking.
Milestones is closed 24–26 Dec 2012 and Tues 1 Jan 2013. Open Mon 31 December 2012.
Museum opening times Bank hol Mon and Tues–Fri 10am–4.45pm. Weekends 11am–4.45pm.