Arranging a visit to Milestones
Contact us to make your booking:
- using our online booking form
- by telephone – tel 01256 403905
- by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- when you would like to bring your group to visit (with a couple of back up dates if possible, in case we are unable to accommodate your first choice)
- which programme you are interested in
- contact details for your school so that we can send you your booking confirmation
- HCC schools only: your organisation unit number
- the number of children and adults you would like to bring (see adult:pupil ratios)
- what learning outcomes you hope to achieve
- any specific needs your pupils have such as learning or physical difficulties
- if your group would like to visit the shop, or pre-order souvenir goody bags from our Gift Shop
- if you would like to book copies of our activity sheets. These are available on this website in the resources section. All you need to do is note down the reference numbers of the sheets you would like and let us know this information when you make your booking.
After booking we recommend making a pre-visit to familiarise yourself with the Museum, either independently or by making an appointment to see our Education Officer. Further information about making a pre-visit.
Once you have made your booking we will send you:
- Confirmation of your booking with the date, times, number of children and adults and the programme you have booked
- Your itinerary for the day
- The session plan for your programme (and a map if you are booked on an audio-guide programme)
- Notes for teachers and adult helpers
- A copy of our Guidelines for Education Groups
We operate within Hampshire County Council’s rigorous Health and Safety policy. To provide you with help in completing your risk assessment see our hazard assessment guidance
If you are a Hampshire LEA school you can arrange to be invoiced and pay via Hampshire County Council’s SAP system. Please have your organisation unit number ready when you book. Alternatively cheques can be made payable to Hampshire County Council.