- We produce minerals and waste planning policy with Portsmouth and Southampton City Councils and local National Park Authorities.
- We determine planning applications for mineral and waste management developments and County Council proposals such as schools.
- We monitor (and enforce when required) mineral and waste management sites to ensure compliance with plans and to control unauthorised development.
- We undertake planning and coordinate funding for infrastructure as well as other planning-related policy and strategy preparation.
- We respond to national planning and Local Plan consultations.
The County Council is seeking views on revisions to the Hampshire Statement of Community Involvement for planning matters undertaken by the Council. A public consultation has started and it will run from 7 November - 19 December 2016.
We have recently updated our Development Management Charter 14 MB which sets out the type and standards of service that Hampshire County Council aims to provide when undertaking our development management duties.
We have also updated our Enforcement and Site Monitoring Plan 14 MB. This provides guidance on the Council's enforcement powers, the action that can be undertaken and site monitoring.
Hampshire County Council, Portsmouth and Southampton City Councils and the New Forest National Park have all adopted the Oil and Gas and Minerals and Waste Safeguarding in Hampshire Supplementary Planning Documents.
The Government has offered a number of onshore oil and gas licences areas for award, including 2 in Hampshire. More information is available on the oil and gas pages and in the updated On-shore Oil and Gas FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) 2 MB.
The County Council’s guide to neighbourhood planning 9 MB in Hampshire has now been published.
18/06/15 Online Policy Map published
The latest information showing sites proposed by the Hampshire Minerals and Waste Plan, safeguarded mineral resources and safeguarded mineral and waste infrastucture is now available on an online map.
Find an application (updated 27 July 2016)
Comment on an application (open for consultation)
Development Scheme (latest version)
Find out more about oil and gas extraction in Hampshire (including the technique of 'fracking') in the Onshore Oil & Gas FAQs 2 MB
Help and Information
How will we engage with communities? - Statement of Community Involvement
What does that term or phrase mean? See the Glossary
Information on all aspects of our work - see our facts and figures pages