- We produce minerals and waste planning policy with Portsmouth and Southampton City Councils and local National Park Authorities.
- We determine planning applications for mineral and waste management developments and County Council proposals such as schools.
- We monitor (and enforce when required) mineral and waste management sites to ensure compliance with plans and to control unauthorised development.
- We determine applications for land drainage consent that affect the flow of ordinary watercourses.
- We undertake planning and coordinate funding for infrastructure as well as other planning-related policy and strategy preparation.
- We respond to national planning and Local Plan consultations.
13/01/13 Consultation on draft Statement of Community Involvement begins
Hampshire's Statement of Community Involvement (SCI) is in the process of being revised and a new draft will be available for consultation for 6 weeks from Monday 13th January 2014 to Monday 24th February 2014. The SCI sets out how Hampshire will involve local communities and interested parties in minerals and waste decision-making. See the draft document and response form.
24/12/13 FAQs published
A number of answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - including the Onshore oil and gas FAQs 8 MB - have been published on mineral and waste topics as well as general planning issues. These can be found on the Minerals & Waste Topics and Issues webpage.
23/12/13 Newsletter 12 published
Find out about the adoption of the Hampshire Minerals & Waste Plan, the forthcoming consulation on Hampshire's Statement of Community Involvement along with other information in the latest Newsletter 7 MB.
Comment on an application (open for consultation)
Decisions (on those that have been recently determined)
Other quick links
Consultation on the draft Statement of Community Involvement
Find out more about oil and gas extraction in Hampshire (including the technique of 'fracking') in the Onshore Oil & Gas FAQs 8 MB
Help and Information
Need help understanding our services? Find help and FAQ's here
What does that term or phrase mean? See the Glossary
We collect information on all aspects of our work - see our facts and figures pages
How minerals relate to you - see the video 'Mineral Matters'
How your waste is dealt with - see the video 'What happens to waste?'