If you are acquiring a vehicle with which to transport people with disabilities there are some important questions to consider, some of which are set out below:
- Will you be transporting wheelchair users?
- Is a low floor important for people with walking difficulties?
- Will you need space to secure folded wheelchairs?
- Will wheelchair users be travelling in their wheelchairs? If so, how many at one time? And how many seated passengers do you need room for?
- Will special equipment such as a wheelchair restraint system, lift or ramp be required?
- Will the drivers need training in the safe use of the special equipment.