Minibuses for Schools

Managing and operating a minibus

It is recommended that prime responsibility for the management, operation and maintenance of a minibus is allocated to a named individual in school.

Specialist departments in the County Council (Community Transport in Environment Department and Hampshire Transport Management) have access to the latest information on best practice and legislation. They can provide schools with advice on aspects of minibus management and operation. Additionally, they maintain a network of contacts with industry and advisory bodies to keep abreast of current developments, including:

  • The Community Transport Association (CTA)
  • The Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA)
  • The Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA)

Further information

Hampshire Transport Management

tel 01962 873930

Community Transport

tel: 01962 846983.