back search


Professionals and Practitioners

Community Independence

Are you over 55 years old and beginning to experience difficulties with every day activities? If so, The Community Independence Team (CIT) can help you maintain your independence and reduce the likelihood of requiring Adult Services' care management involvement.

What help is available?

The Community Independence Team (CIT) can help by providing you and your family with:

CIT is funded and delivered through Hampshire Adult Services as part of its preventative approach to promoting individuals independence, although you may have to meet costs associated with any community resources and services you choose to access.

If you need assistance with any of the above please ring Adult Services on 0300 555 1386. The Agents who answer the call are trained to assess your requirements and may ask you for more details of your circumstances to ensure that your details are routed to the correct team.

If you need any of the following it is likely that CIT are not the right team for you and the person taking the call will give your details to a different team who will be able to help

Community Independence Teams (CIT)

Our teams include staff with knowledge and expertise in health, social care and voluntary services. We will talk things through and ask you what you want and need, and see if we can help.

One of the team will contact you to discuss what you might want and need, we will complete an assessment and develop a support plan with you. You will be given your own copy of this to keep.

You may be offered the assistance of a Community Support Worker to help you with some or all of your support plan.

There are 5 area based teams working out of 15 work bases so there will be one near you. The teams are made up of the following:


Related links

Hantsweb pages

In this section…