Hitting the cold spotsKeeping your home warm and you and your family healthy can be expensive and sometimes difficult
read ( words)
Cold weather not only makes life uncomfortable but can also lead to serious health problems such as respiratory diseases, asthma, depression, heart disease or stroke.
Call us today
We recognise that it can sometimes be difficult to know who to contact or where to begin, but this advice and support is available from our dedicated Advice Line.
|Call us on|
|0800 804 8601|
|9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. May not be free from mobiles.|
Call 023 8033 6172 for landline rates.
Your call will be answered by a member of our Hampshire-based, friendly and knowledgeable team from the Environment Centre.
Looking after your health
|Stay Well This Winter|
Advice and support with illnesses and health from the NHS
Winter campaign starts with largest flu vaccination programme
How can we help?
The Hitting the Cold Spots Team can help you with:
- a home visit from a Hitting the Cold Spots adviser offering practical support and advice
- support with alternative heating measures (electric oil filled radiators) if you are without heating
- access to funding where available for boiler repairs and replacements
- access to funding for first time central heating
- access to small grant support to help cope with winter fuel emergencies
- boiler repairs and replacements, through trusted ‘Buy With Confidence’ contractors
- eligibility check for grants, discounts and local energy efficiency schemes
- practical support and advice with debt, money and benefits
- referral for a Home Safety visit which can include a carbon monoxide monitor, smoke detector and fire safety plan
- assistance to switch your energy provider or tariff to help give you savings on your fuel bills
Some of these services are subject to availability and conditions apply.
If you live in a rural area of Hampshire we have additional resources to help. Extra funding from Winchester City Council is now in place to boost the Hitting the Cold Spots activity in the Winchester District.
If you are aware of a family or individual who is struggling to keep warm and well then please contact us today.Hitting the Cold Spots is funded by Hampshire County Council.