back search


Carers and family support

Carer’s needs assessment

A carer’s needs assessment is your opportunity to talk about your own needs and things that could make caring easier for you, however before asking for a carer's assessmeent you may want to look at the type of help and support that is available to you on the What help is there pages

Carer’s assessments are undertaken by Hampshire County Council but can look at the support available from a range of organisations. The assessments should be a face to face discussion between you and the person carrying out the assessment. You may ask for the assessment to be carried out in private away from the person being cared for.

Some things you need to think about

For more information or to request a carers assessment contact Adult Services


In this section…