back search


Financial help and advice

Financial help and advice

Help to make informed choices about funding your own care, the costs involved in paying for residential care or care services as well as information on benefits and welfare advice for people struggling to afford essentials.

Social care funding advice

Older people smiling

Advice for people who pay for thier own care support
Helping you to make informed choices

Paying for care

care home livingPaying for residential care
The costs involved and whether you can get any financial help

help buttonTry the online assessment to see if you might qualify for financial help.

CoinsDirect Payments
Having money to arrange services yourself

   Self-directed support
Giving you more choice and control

Benefits and welfare advice

Information and how to apply for those you are entitled to

Worried manLocal Welfare Assistance
Practical support and advice for people struggling to afford essentials

VAT exemption

Some people might be eligible to receive goods or services zero-rated for VAT. For more information consult Notice 701/7 VAT reliefs for disabled people or contact the HM Revenue and Customs on 0300 123 1073


Related links

Hantsweb pages

  • Recording time Hampshire County Council arranged carers spend with you

Other websites

  • IndependentAge - national charity helping those over 65 in financial difficulty

In this section…