back search


Financial help and advice

Paying for care services that support you to live at home

In most circumstances people will need to contribute towards the cost of their care services. There are no fixed charges and how much people pay depends on their personal financial circumstances.

There are benefits for which you, or someone in your household, may be eligible to help meet the cost of care services that support you to live at home.

If you, or the person you are caring for, find coping with daily activities such as personal care or meal preparation difficult you should contact Adult Services where trained advisors will discuss your situation. Providing it is identified that you require further support, you will be referred onto the appropriate care management team. If you meet the Council’s eligibility criteria for social care you can have your services arranged by us.

What will the social worker will talk about?

How much might I need to pay?

You may need to pay something towards your Personal Budget, depending on your financial circumstances. You may be entitled to some services that are free of charge. The Council will therefore work out how much of the budget you may need to pay towards. This is called your chargeable Personal Budget (or cPB)


Related links

Hantsweb pages

Other websites

In this section…