Search for care homes

Search for local or specialised care homes that meet your needs
Care home search
Care Provided
Type of care home

Homes needing to update their vacancy information should use the bed vacancy notification form

  • Types of care homes

    • Care homes without nursing (or residential homes) offer the level of personal care, such as bathing and dressing that a competent, caring relative might provide and, when necessary, may ask a community nurse to visit
    • Care homes with nursing (or nursing homes) must employ qualified nursing staff and ensure that there is adequate cover 24 hours a day. A homes registration certificate shows details of specialist care they offer.
    • Some care homes offer both residential and nursing care and these take residents whether or not they need nursing care. These homes may be more suitable for couples where only one partner requires nursing
    • There are also a number of residential homes and hostels for people with learning disabilities.

    If you like the idea of living in a family home with very few other residents, you may be interested in the Shared lives scheme which is provided by carers (individuals and families) across Hampshire, who want to offer a vulnerable person a short break, day care or long term care, in the carer’s own home.

  • Registration and reports

    All care homes must be registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC).

    Latest inspection reports and details of the care categories for which the home is registered are available.

    You can view the Care Quality Commission (CQC) inspection report and ratings for Hampshire County Council run homes