back search

hantsweb

Aldershot Military Museum

Buller Barracks

Date of construction 1890-5
Date of demolition 1965

Named after General Sir Redvers Buller, 'father' of the Army Service Corps, who was General Oficer commanding at Aldershot, 1898 to 1899 and again in 1900.

Buller Barracks were designed to house the Army Service Corps, which subsequently became the Royal Corps of Transport.As well as standard barrack blocks, Buller Barracks accommodated married quarters, drill hall, stables and the Royal Army Service Corps theatre.

The site is now occupied by the new Buller Barracks, which were opened in1970.

Photo: Buller Barracks c1965

 

Buller Barracks

In this section…