Date of construction 1856-59
Date of demolition 1964
Originally known as the West Cavalry Barracks they were renamed Willems in 1909 after the cavalry victory in May 1794, during the French Revolutionary Wars.
Willems Barracks were built as one of three cavalry barracks in Aldershot and housed the 1st Cavalry Brigade. Regular regiments of horsed cavalry were housed here until 1938.
Guardroom and cells plus four two-storey troop stables, officer's mess, sergeant's mess and a riding school.
Tesco's supermarket and private housing now occupy the site. However, the original gateway still survives facing Farnborough Road.
Photo Willems Barracks, troop stables