Apply for a Blue Badge
Incomplete applications will be sent back to you for completion. We are doing this so we can process your application more efficiently.
You can apply for a Blue Badge on behalf of someone else.
Before you apply you will need the following:
- Your personal information including national insurance or child registration number
- Any evidence of qualification for a Blue Badge as detailed in the eligibility criteria
- A photocopy of one of the following: passport, driving licence, birth certificate, marriage/divorce certificate, civil partnership/dissolution certificate
- A photocopy of a recent bill (e.g. gas, electricity, phone, council tax) with your name and address showing, as proof of your address
- A colour passport style photograph taken in the last 3 months
- Payment - a cheque or postal order made payable to Hampshire County Council
Depending on whether you need to attend a face to face assessment or not, you should receive your badge within four to eight weeks of us receiving your application form.
If you receive your new badge before the current badge's expiry date, it is only valid from the start date appearing on the badge.
If your mobility problem is intermittent i.e. you have good and bad days, then please describe your average day when filling out the application.
- We will only start processing your application after receiving your supporting documentation, photo and payment
- Fee: £10 (Cheques made payable to Hampshire County Council)
An organisational Blue Badge can be issued to certain organisations for use in a motor vehicle (or vehicles) when that vehicle (or vehicles) is to be used to transport disabled people who would qualify for a Blue Badge in their own right;
Organisations who may apply for a badge must care for, and transport disabled people who themselves qualify for an individual badge;
Have a clear need for an organisational badge rather than using the individual Blue Badges of the people it is transporting;
Fee: £10 (Cheques made payable to Hampshire County Council)
Please return faded badges with your application
Stolen badges should be reported to the police
Fee: £4.60 (Cheques made payable to Hampshire County Council)
Requesting a review of a decision after your independent mobility
If you would like to request a review because
your application has been refused, after your independent mobility assessment, please contact the Blue