Services for Young Children
Sample job description for an Out of School Club Leader
of job: The day to day organisation and operation of the club
directly to the Management Committee/Committee Chair. Responsible for the day to day and operational
management of three Playworkers and two Play Assistants.
the delivery of creative play opportunities in a safe and caring environment for all children
and supporting the staff to do so.
- Providing full care for all children, including
delivery of children to school, collection of children from school and the safe delivery to parents
and/or named carers. This may include providing refreshments and snacks
creative, appropriate play opportunities, preparing activities, and organising the programme
and directing the staff to carry out any planned activities. Supporting and mentoring staff through
- Carrying out day-to-day administration, record keeping, ordering
and purchasing materials and equipment.
- Being responsible for the day-to-day financial
administration of the club.
- Working within an agreed budget.
first aid, as appropriate.
- Encouraging parental involvement and support of the club
build effective relationships, ensuring full integration of all children.
club to the local community and leading events to encourage participation of the community and parents.
- Initiating close liaison with parents, schools and other childcare and play-related
- Attending meetings, as appropriate.
- Carrying out all
and activities within an equal opportunities framework.
- Working within agreed policies.