The following GOV.UK link gives you an overview of the types of registers that the Office for Standards in Education, Children's Services and Skills (Ofsted) hold, and how to apply.
This link also provides information on the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks that all childcare businesses must undertake.
In order to set up a new childcare provision you are required by Law to register with Ofsted (unless your service meets the exceptions). To register you must do the following activities:-
1. Decide which register(s) is/are appropriate for your childcare business
2. Ensure all safegaurding checks are completed with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
3. Complete the Health Declaration
4. Open a 'Gateway' online account on the Ofsted website
5. Complete the online Ofsted application form
6. Pay the registration fee
Interested in becoming a childminder? Please also visit this page for further information.
Please see the following GOV.UK link which explains what happens once you are registered with Ofsted.
If you have difficulty in completing any forms or need more information about applying please call the Ofsted helpline on
0300 123 1231.
You can also call the Services for Young Children helpline on 01962 847070 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.