back search


Services for Young Children

Emergency childcare

From time to time a situation will arise when parents find they need emergency childcare services. Sometimes it is because the present child carer is unwell, a parent needs to change their working hours or a family situation arises so that care is needed.

Daytime care

Often, Ofsted registered childcare such as childminders, nurseries, pre-schools, out of school clubs and crèches can provide emergency care if they have vacancies.

In order to find what is available in your area check out the Childcare Search or contact the Hampshire Childcare and Family Information Team.

Evening/overnight/weekend care

Some of Hampshire’s Ofsted registered childminders do provide care for children in the evening, overnight or weekends.

Details of these services can be accessed from the Childcare Search or contact the Hampshire Childcare and Family Information Team.

Other services

Another option for parents is to employ a nanny or au-pair, or use nanny/ babysitting agencies in the area who can provide temporary or permanent care. Please see the links on the right hand side for details of agencies that provide services across Hampshire.

Brokerage Service

Where parents and carers can not find childcare that readily meets their needs, the Childcare and Family Information Team (Cfit) provide a brokerage service. The support provided by the locally based Cfit outreach workers will depend on the individual family's circumstances. To be referred to this service contact us on 0845 603 5620.


Nanny/babysitting agencies Hampshire

Please note that Hampshire County Council does not specifically recommend or endorse these organisations. This list is not exhaustive.

In this section…