back search


Services for Young Children

Business Support

All registered nurseries, pre-schools and out of school clubs in Hampshire have access to the Services for Young Children (SfYC) business support service.

If you would like business support, please contact your local Services for Young Children team.

Details of scheduled business support surgeries  Download Adobe Reader to view this PDF 194kB.

Online business information

Use these links to help you run a successful, thriving childcare business:

Starting out in childcare

e-Learning package for prospective new providers:

If you experience problems in opening the e-Learning packages it may be necessary to use a different browser, e.g. Google Chrome instead of Internet Explorer.

Topic in focus: Apprenticeships

There are 2 different types of apprenticeships to choose from:

Apprenticeship standards - each standard covers a specific occupation and sets out the core skills, knowled and behaviours an apprentice will need; they are developed by employer groups known as 'trailblazers'.

Apprenticeship frameworks - a series of work-related vocational and professional qualifications, with workplace- and classroom-based training.

To choose training:

Use the ‘Find apprenticeship training’ service to select an approved apprenticeship training provider

If you are using a standard, use the register of apprenticeship assessment organisations to select an approved assessment organisation

Non-levy paying employers will share the cost of training and assessing their apprentices with government - this is called 'co-investment’.

Employers pay 10% towards to the cost of apprenticeship training and the government pay the rest (90%), up to the funding band maximum

Apprenticeship Levy

Further details are available from the government website


Information for Community and Voluntary Providers

All new committee members need to complete a DBS check and Ofsted EY2 form. Once the checks have been done details need to be submitted to the Charity Commission. See below links:

Here are some useful links to support committees and voluntary groups.

In this section…