back search


Children's Services

Reporting child abuse - What happens when I contact the Children’s Services Department about a child I think is being ill-treated?

If anyone - for example, a neighbour, a relative, a doctor, a teacher - thinks that a child is being ill-treated, they should ask Children’s Services to find out what is really happening and as well as contacting us by phone, they should also confirm their concerns in writing. By law, we have to look into every case that is brought to our notice (under Section 47 of the Children Act 1989)

What happens next?



In this section…