back search


Special Educational Needs

What happens if I don’t agree with the final statement of special educational needs?

You have the right to appeal to the independent First-tier Tribunal (Special Educational Needs and Disability) about certain aspects of your child’s final statement. Hampshire County Council Special Educational Needs Service is committed to seeking local agreement wherever possible.

We will try to resolve any issues you may have before the final statement is issued. If you disagree with the final statement you can speak to the Principal Special Needs Officer for an explanation. The Parent Partnership Service will also be able to advise you about arrangements for disagreement resolution.

Involvement in ongoing discussions does not affect your right of appeal.


In this section…