back search


Special Educational Needs

What support is available for children with behavioural, emotional and social difficulties?

If you have concerns about your child’s behavioural, emotional and social difficulties, you should discuss your concerns with your child’s classteacher, SEN Co-ordinator or headteacher. They may want to develop an individual behaviour management plan (IBMP) for your child and involve other services such as an educational psychologist or the Behaviour Support Teams.

If an educational psychologist is involved, he/she may observe your child at school and sometimes at home, talk to your child about school and home life and use activities to assess your child’s progress and general abilities.

The Behaviour Support Teams work proactively to support children with behavioural, emotional and social difficulties in school. They work mainly with children at Key Stage 1 and 2, and early Key Stage 3. Teams work particularly on issues arising when children transfer from one school to another.

The Behaviour Support Teams aims to support children by:

If you would like more information, please contact your child's school.

Professional callers can contact the Behaviour Support Teams directly.

Find out more...


See also...

In this section…