back search


Children's Services

Communication and Language Needs

The criteria for involvement from The Specialist Teacher Advisory Service for Children with Speech, Language and Communication Needs (SLCN) is a Statement of Special Educational Needs for SLCN and attendance at a mainstream secondary school in Hampshire.

The Communication and Language Team (CaL) work closely with:

(Useful links to other organisations)

Prior to starting secondary school support from the CaL team may include all or some of the following as appropriate:

Once the child/young person with SLCN is at the school the CaL team can support by:

As the young person prepares for transition to post 16 provision the CaL team can offer support by:

Useful links

Information for parents on SLCN

Useful leaflet

Speech, Language and Communication Needs Download Acrobat Reader to view this PDF 637kb - a guide for parents and carers

Back to Teacher Advisers


In this section…