back search


Public, Community & School Transport

Older person's bus pass

How to apply
When can I travel?
Community services
What can't I use my bus pass for?
How do I renew my pass?
Am I eligible?

How to apply

Application forms are available in Hampshire from:


Fill your application form in and send it to us at:

Bus Pass Team
PO Box 696
PO14 9PD

Remember to enclose:

Only copies of documents are required. They will not be returned to you. Do not send originals.

We will process your completed application and you will be sent your new pass or vouchers in the post, or you will be contacted for further information.

When can I travel?

Free travel from 9.30am to 11pm Monday to Friday and all day weekends and public holidays on journeys which start in Hampshire regardless of where you are travelling to.

For journeys starting outside of Hampshire you can travel for free at 'off-peak' times.

Free 'Off-peak' travel between 9.30am and 11pm Monday to Friday and all day at weekends and on public holidays on local buses throughout the rest of England, including London.

Half fare travel on some special services, such as Call and Go and Dial a Ride.

Community services

In addition to bus services you can use your bus pass on any of the following community services:

What can't I use my bus pass for?

Bus passes are not valid on:

How do I renew my pass?

We will renew your pass automatically for up to five years after checking eligible users for changes in their circumstances. This will include checks with registration services, and other databases, including the National Fraud Initiative.

Am I eligible?

What is eligible age?

To check your state pensionable age, see the calculator on the Direct Gov website for guidance or email the Concessionary Travel Team.

What proof of eligibility do I need to provide?

When you apply for an older person's bus pass, we will need to have a completed application form, plus a current passport sized colour photograph with your name and date of birth printed on the back and copies of:

Please note - your date of birth must tie up with the correct name e.g. a passport showing same name and date of birth as shown on the application form. (If you are using a birth certificate as evidence for your date of birth, and the name is different to that on the application form, then further evidence is needed to verify the new name, i.e. copy of the marriage or deed pole certificate).


sample of older persons bus pass

In this section…