Come and discover the wealth of minibeasts that live on the downs and explore the beautiful ancient trees and open spaces of Crab Wood.
- A range of environmental activities suitable for KS1 and KS2 pupils. The activities can be adapted to suit your needs and relate to the National Curriculum. See session plans.
- We encourage schools to come out to our sites to experience nature and the local environment first hand, however in exceptional circumstances we will consider travelling to schools.
- Several small car parks serve the Country Park, please talk to us about the one that would be most appropriate for you to park in.
- Parking is free.
- There are no toilets or indoor space on these sites.
- There are paths through the downland and wood although they can be muddy and uneven at times.
- One area of grassland is fenced with disabled access.
- There is fencing between Crab Wood and the road.
- A Ranger led 1.5 hour session costs £2 per student with a minimum charge of £30.
- There will be a maximum of 30 students per session.