While we take every precaution to ensure your health and safety is not put at risk during your visit, a farm can still be a dangerous place.
For your safety we ask that you observe the following simple precautions
- Wash your hands thoroughly after handling or feeding the animals and always before eating and drinking.
- Keep your hands away from your face, mouth and eyes during your visit.
- Cover any cut or open wound with a plaster.
- Do not bring any food (e.g. picnics) into any part of the farm pay zone.
- Do not drink the water from the farmhouse or cottage water pumps.
- Do not allow children to climb on straw/hay bales or any farm machinery or exhibit, including the tractors.
- Keep children under close supervision at all times and treat any free-roaming poultry or animals with consideration and care.
Hand washing facilities
- In the main toilet block outside the farm reception/entrance barn.
- Either side of the woodshed, just outside the farmhouse door.
- At the far end of the pole barn in the rickyard.
- In the farmyard hatchery.