Queen Elizabeth Country Park is owned and managed by the Countryside Service, part of Hampshire County Council's Culture, Communities and Business Services department and the Forestry Commission.
Our offices are in the main visitor centre. Staff includes administration, reception, education and ranger staff, a manager and an assistant manager.
The same building houses the South East Hampshire Rights of Way Manager, the South Downs Way Officer and three South Downs Joint Committee staff.
In addition Forestry Commission staff, based at Alice Holt near Farnham, operate all the commercial timber contracts within the Park, including the Christmas tree sales and contribute to other projects where relevant.
Within the Park various franchises exist which include the Cafe, the kiosks on Butser and in the forest. These work for the Park but exist as independent business units.
Our Customer Care Promise.
The Country Park is committed to the continued development of recreation, conservation and access as an integrated system of management. The 1972 Joint Management Agreement, between Hampshire County Council and Forest Enterprise, outlines seven primary aims.
- To manage the Country Park to a high standard in a way which reconciles the demands and needs of the visitor with the conservation and land management requirements of the site and surrounding countryside.
- To raise revenue in order to minimise the costs of the Country Park.
- To conserve the landscape and wildlife of an important part of Hampshire natural and man made heritage.
- To play a role in the wider recreation of strategy of the area and by doing so to take pressure off more sensitive areas.
- To provide for the visitor through effective management continually improving and interesting visitor services, interpretation, special events and education.
- To provide for a range of outdoor recreation activities and events as long as they do not conflict with the primary objective of quiet enjoyment of the countryside.
- To carry out regular evaluations and audit procedures to ensure that these objectives are being met.