back search


Education & Learning

Education & Learning

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. Where can I find school holiday dates and term times?
  2. How do I find out about getting my child a school place?
    • The Admissions pages give full information, including contact names. It also has answers to more frequently asked questions about admissions.
  3. How do I get hold of copies of my old school examination certificates?
    • You will need to know which examination board awarded your certificates and then contact the Board directly - they can supply copies for a charge. The Department for Education can provide contact details for the relevant bodies.
  4. How do I get student grants and allowances?
    • The Student Support Unit web pages contain information to help you.
  5. Is there any way of contacting old school friends?
    • Telephone the school concerned - find the information in our school lists.
  6. What teaching vacancies do you have in Hampshire?
    • The Education Jobs webpages carry details of all school vacancies, including headteachers, deputy headteachers, supply, teaching and administrative posts.
  7. Where can I find examination league table results?
  8. Where can I find Ofsted reports on schools?
    • Full Ofsted reports can be found on the Ofsted website. A school is obliged to give you a copy of their report, for which they may charge.
  9. Where can I find the results of the Ofsted inspections of nurseries?
    • There is a specific section displaying nursery inspection results on the Ofsted website.
  10. Why can't I find a school that I know is in Hampshire
    • If the school is in the cities of Portsmouth or Southampton it is now run by the relevant City Councils.
    • If the school is an independent one, you may be able to find information about it from ISIS
  11. What do I do if I can't find the information I am looking for on this site?

In this section…