back search


Education and Inclusion Service

Elective Home Education

Hampshire County Council is committed to supporting families who choose to electively home educate.  Elective Home Education (EHE) is sometimes called home education or home schooling and is supported through the Education Inclusion Service (EIS).  

If parents are considering EHE then the attached documentation should help and answer some of the most frequently asked questions.  

Should parents be considering EHE for a child currently at school then they should discuss the matter with the Headteacher in the first instance.  

Parents who currently EHE and wish to return their child to school should contact admissions.


In this section…