Hamble Estuary Partnership
Advisory Role to River Hamble Harbour Board
The River Hamble Harbour Authority is part of Hampshire County Council. The County Council has approved some changes to its Constitution with respect to the River Hamble. One of these changes is to allow the right of unfettered access to the Harbour Board by the Chair of the Hamble Estuary Partnership, an independent partnership organisation. The Chair of the HEP will not be a full member of the Board and does not have a vote, but will have the right to report on the views expressed by the members of the HEP on any matter on the Harbour Board agenda.
The following Terms of Reference for the Chair of the HEP describe the extent and limits of this arrangement.
- He/she shall have the right to attend all formal meetings of the Harbour Board.
- He/she shall have the right to address the Board in order to express the views of the partners of the HEP on any matter on the Harbour Board agenda.
- Where partners of the HEP have expressed disparate or conflicting views on a particular subject, the Chair of the HEP shall ensure that the full range of such views is reported to the Board.
- Board members and Harbour Authority officers shall have the right to ask questions of the Chair of the HEP.
- He/she shall have the right to address questions to members of the Board.
- He/she will not formally be a member of the Board and will not be entitled to a vote.
- He/she shall be bound by the local government Code of Conduct in respect of all his dealings with the Board.
- He/she will not be remunerated for this role, but will be entitled to claim legitimate travel expenses for his attendance at Board meetings.