Creating web pages
How much will it cost?
There are many elements that need to be considered when creating web pages, which will reflect in the cost and timescales for the work.
- The thoroughness of your planning is the first consideration. You should have a well thought out plan and be clear on what you want.
- The extent to which the web has been considered in these plans is also important . For example, it is much easier to create web pages from a fully up to date word document and images already in the appropriate format than from scrappily assembled and scribbled on paper and poor quality printer pictures! It also helps if you have thought about, for example, other related web sites.
- The size and complexity of the project you wish to engage in. For example the number of pages; the number of images; the number of people involved (especially if from different areas); any forms or other interactive elements and the novelty of what you are doing.
- The number of revisions you make.
- The number of reviews needed. If you are going to need approval from lots of people, with lots of changes each time, this will add to costs.
- Maintenance, to keep the content current.
How long will it take?
Timescales are also dictated by the size and complexity of the work you require. Always give your supplier plenty of warning as they will need to schedule your work into their existing plans. You will also need to allow time for revisions and quality checking.