Join our fabulous team of volunteers
The Sir Harold Hillier Gardens operate a highly successful and rewarding volunteer scheme. Adult volunteers of all ages and backgrounds provide invaluable help across most departments, including:
- Plant Collection – Garden maintenance tasks e.g. weeding, pruning, mulching
- Photography – Plants, events, staff
- Plant Records – Surveying and updating records of plants, checking labelling
- Herbarium – Collecting, pressing and preserving specimens, supplying info to other botanical collections/students
- Education Services – Working with a variety of ages, assisting the Education Service with school and family activities
- Visitor Services – Stewarding at open air concerts, meeting and greeting the public
- Office Services – General admin duties e.g. assisting with mail outs, filing
You can volunteer part-time on a weekly or monthly basis and we encourage you to become fully involved in the Gardens’ ‘community’. Training is available with the opportunity to learn gardening methods and attend workshops and talks.
Whatever skills you can offer us volunteering at the Gardens is a great way of meeting like-minded people and making new friends.
The Volunteer Co-ordinator
tel 01794 369305