Hantsnet Mobile Service
Which phones are compatible?
- Apple iPhone
- Nokia (Eseries)
- Sony Ericsson (some newer models)
- Palm (Windows Mobile or Palm OS)
- Motorola (newer models)
- Symbian (open standard operating system for mobile telephones) Your phone needs to be able to synchronize with Microsoft Exchange, and meet the security criteria.
Hampshire IT has extended the Hantsnet Mobile Service to schools. This lets school staff use their own smartphones to connect to their work email, contacts and calendar, bringing flexible and mobile working options to many more members of staff.
You will need:
- a personal phone contract for call and data charges. (There is no additional service charge to connect to the service for you or your school. We will not reimburse you for any data charges incurred, if you are in doubt about the amount of data you can download please contact your network operator.)
- an individual OWL account.
- a smartphone which is compatible with Microsoft Exchange to synchronise to Outlook
How do I apply?
To join this service, complete the application form and sign up to Hampshire County Council’s mobile phone user policy. This has to be endorsed by your Headteacher. Your device must also autolock and require a PIN code to gain access.
Read the details of the service on Learn IT.