Essential rules for visitors using space within Basingstoke Discovery Centre.
All Hirers must liaise with the Discovery Centre on their proposed plans for the event.
Access and parking
- All deliveries/pickups must be coordinated with the Discovery Centre and agreed before the event. There is no dedicated parking for the Discovery Centre.
- There is lift access to the first floor where the Discovery Centre is situated.
- All spaces are accessible for wheelchair users.
- There is a wheelchair accessible, single public toilet with baby changing facilities and a Changing Places toilet which is accessible by radar key.
Health and Safety
- Hirers are required to have a list of personnel on site for H & S reasons.
- Hirers are required to make sure their guests are familiar with Fire Evacuation rules.
- If you discover a fire, please set off one of the red fire alarms and then direct your guests to evacuate the building via the nearest fire exit.
- Neither hirers or guests should move any equipment or furniture without consent from the Discovery Centre staff.
- All equipment brought in must be cleared within the timings agreed with the Discovery Centre.
- All visitors must provide Risk Assessments one week before the event.
- If you have a first aid requirement, please contact Discovery Centre staff.
- All electric equipment must be PAT test before being used in the Discovery Centre.
- Hirers must show PAT certificates/document for each piece of equipment.
Events with children
- The hirer must ensure there are enough responsible adults dedicated to the care of children present at any event.
- All events that involve working with children, must have had the appropriate checks etc.
As part of the Hampshire County Council Catering Services, we are very pleased to offer the catering services at Basingstoke Discovery Centre.
We are committed to quality and understanding the diverse needs of the building users.
For all catering for events enquiries, please contact us:
Food and Beverages menus
All orders by external customers are subject to a VAT charge of 20%.
Tea and Coffee
Pastries full size
pastries half size
Orange juice 1 Litre
Mineral Water 75cl Still or Lightly Sparkling
Hill Farm Apple Juice 75cl
Tap Water with tea and coffee
Tap Water with out tea and coffee
Basic Menu - With plates and napkins
Sandwich (1 round per head)
Seasonal fruit bowl
Build your own menu from the items below
Kettle Chips per head
Fruit Platter per head
Add Savouries each per head
Round Sandwiches per head
Half a round of Sandwiches per head
Bread Selection per head (wraps, bloomer, rolls and sandwiches)
Cakes per portion
Whole Fruit per head
Party Platters - £4.50 per head
Olives, Kettle crisps, nuts, cubed cheese, cherry tomatoes, Crudités selection, variety of dips, crackers, grapes
Bespoke menus available on request
Alcohol Provision on enquiry
Red onion and Goats Cheese Tarts
Vegetable Crolines (savoury pastries)
Mushroom Vol –au-Vents
Vegetable or Cheese & Onion quiche
Vegetable Dim Sum Selection
Vegetable Samosas with Mango Chutney
Brie, Olive and Cherry Tomato Kebab
Hummus with grilled Pita Breads and crudités
Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Crostini
Fish Goujons with roasted tomato salsa or Lemon Mayonnaise
Thai Crab cakes with dipping sauce
Filo tiger prawn with sweet chilli dip
Prawn Marie Rose Vol-au-vents
Butchers Choice local Sausages
Butchers Choice local Sausages wrapped in Bacon
Traditional Sausage Roll
Marinated Chicken fillets with Honey and Mustard
Chicken Breast Bites with Caesar Dip
Chicken Goujons with Coronation style dipping sauce
Mini Duck Rolls with plum and Hoi Sin Di
Cheese and Ham melting moments