back search


Strategic Planning

Pre Application Advice

Hampshire County Council, County Planning encourages engagement with applicants and their agents prior to any application being submitted.  If you would like to apply for pre-application advice please complete the form below, and provide the relevant information as detailed in the guidance.

Pre-application Charge

As from 1st July 2015 Hampshire County Council has revised its charges for pre-planning application advice for proposed minerals and waste development. This is to ensure that the costs of providing this service are adequately covered, and to enable the service to be adequately resourced for the future. The latest charging schedule is set out below.

These charges are based on the actual cost of the officer time involved with providing pre-application advice for differing scales of development.

Planning Obligations

For Heads of Terms and Guidance and a draft precedent, please see the documents below.

s106 Minerals and Waste Heads of Terms and Guidance 2014  Download Adobe Reader to view this PDF 142kB

s106 precedent - waste and minerals 2014  Download Adobe Reader to view this PDF 188kB

Guidance Form, Application Form, Section 106 notes

Please download the guidance notes in PDF format

Pre-application Guidance  Download Adobe Reader to view this PDF 8MB


Please download the Application form in Word format

Application Form Microsoft Word 83kB


Requirements for early Section 106 submission and community engagement

Legal Agreements, often referred to as Section 106 agreements or planning obligations, are a key mechanism in the planning system for mitigating the impact of development.  They are used to secure benefits such as controlling the ownership of land or gaining contributions towards services or facilities which would not be possible simply by using planning conditions and which ultimately enables the development to happen.

The three general aims of a legal agreement are:

  • To achieve planning obligations

  • Mitigating the impact of development

  • Compensating for loss or damage caused by development


Type of Application

What applications can be submitted?

Validation Guidance

What is required for an application to be valid

Design and Access Statement

Need a Design and Access Statement with your application?

Non Material Amendments

Read our guidance if considering a non material amendment

What Plans do I Need?

What plans need to be submitted with an application?

In this section…