Public, Community & School Transport
Passenger Transport Forums
These meetings are for organisations with an interest in passenger transport services in their local area.
There are nine Passenger Transport Forums which cover the following areas: Basingstoke, East Hampshire, Eastleigh, Fareham and Gosport, Havant, New Forest, Test Valley, Rushmoor and Hart and Winchester. Two forum meetings are held each year.
They have been set up by Hampshire County Council to:
- Promote an understanding of passenger transport services in the area
- Provide a forum for discussing passenger transport areas of interest and concern
- Disseminate information on passenger transport developments at a national, county, district and parish level
- Identify local unmet transport needs and, where possible, contribute to the development of solutions for these
- Share good practice
- Involve groups in passenger transport initiatives e.g. passenger transport reviews
- Provide valuable feedback on proposed new passenger initatives
- Encourage a closer working relationship between transport providers and organisations with an interest in passenger transport services in the local area.
Commonly asked questions
The County Council has produced answers to some of the commonly asked questions by Forum Members. This includes a downloadable question and answer fact sheet about bus services 69kb.
For more information about the local transport forums please contact the Community Transport Team on 01962 846785 or email email@example.com