School organisation from Hampshire County Council in Basingstoke and Deane, East Hampshire, Eastleigh, Fareham, Gosport, Hart, Havant, Isle of Wight, New Forest, Outside of Hampshire, Portsmouth, Rushmoor, Southampton, Test Valley, Winchester areas.
2. The enlargement of Bordon Infant and Junior Schools was proposed in order to meet the demand from the new housing development in Bordon. The start of the major part of the development has yet to yield the anticipated number of pupils and the proposal is to now enlarge the schools with effect from 1 September 2020.
3. The current capacity of Bordon Infant School is for 180 pupils with the number of pupils registered at the school being 180. The enlargement of accommodation will be provided with effect from 1 September 2020. From that date the school will have a total capacity for 270 pupils. The current admission number for the school is 60 and this will increase to 90 on the implementation of this proposal.
4. The current capacity of Bordon Junior School is for 240 pupils with the current number of pupils registered at the school being 251. The enlargement of accommodation will be provided with effect from 1 September 2020. From that date the school will have a total capacity for 360 pupils. The current admission number for the school is 60 and this will increase to 90 with effect from the 1 September 2023.
5. The County Council is required by the School Organisation (Prescribed Alterations to Aided Schools) (England) Regulations 2013 to formally publish modification proposals where it does not intend to proceed with a previously approved proposal.
6. Within four weeks from the date of publication of these proposals, any person may object or make comments on the proposal by sending them to Martin Shefferd, Strategic Development Officer, Children's Services Department, EII Court North, Winchester, Hampshire SO23 8UG; telephone 01962 845746; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dated 12 January 2018
John Coughlan - Chief Executive
Strategic Development Officer
Children's Services Department
EII Court North