Walking in Hampshire
Fawley circular walk 3
Distance: 2km / 1.25 miles, 20 minutes
Condition: Good gravel tracks, may become muddy after heavy rain
Starting Point: Kings Copse Road
This route can be accessed on foot from Holbury via Roughdown Lane or Blackfield via Kings Copse Road. If you will be driving please use the car park at Blackwell Common.
Home to birds of prey such as the Buzzard, Sparrow Hawk and Hobby and there are numerous Roe Deer to be seen. It is also home for very rare butterflies such as the Silver-Washed Fritillary and White Admiral.
Download Circular Walk 3 leaflet 716kb pdf
- At the end of Kings Copse Road continue ahead, bearing left where the track splits into two passing Kings Copse House on your right.
- Turn right at the next junction, continue ahead and through the gate entering Kings Copse Inclosure. Continue ahead and follow the track up the hill.
- At the T-Junction turn right, then right again. Continue ahead to the gate.
- Proceed through the gate and turn right, at the bottom of the hill bear left passing over a stream.
- Continue ahead and at the wooden barrier about half way up the hill turn right. Follow the track straight ahead which will take you back to Kings Copse Road.