Walking in Hampshire
Marchwood circular walk 3
Distance: 3.75 km / 2.25 miles, 40 minutes
Places of interest: Lloyds Recreation Ground
Starting Point: Lloyds Recreation Ground
Lloyds Recreation Ground is run by the Parish Council as Trustee after the land was given by a Mr Lloyd for sport and recreation for the village.
Download Circular Walk 3 leaflet 268kb pdf
- From Lloyds Recreation Ground, turn left into Main Road, continue straight along and turn left again into Woodglade Close.
- Just after the end of Woodglade Close you will reach a path junction, take the middle unsurfaced path and continue until reaching the road. Cross over and follow the pavement to Oakland Drive.
- Cross over Oakland Drive and into Philpott Drive. At the end of the road turn right and follow the path through to Malthouse Gardens. Go straight ahead along the path leading to Main Road and turn left.
- Keep to the left-hand footway with St Johns Church to your right, continue on and over the level crossing. Continue along until you are opposite Marchwood Garage. Cross the road and follow the gravel footpath, which will bring you out into Long Lane.
- Cross over and turn left, after passing The Crescent continue ahead to the end of the pavement. Turn right, into Poplar Drive. At T-junction bear right, then turn left, taking footpath to Tavellís Lane.
- Turn right and proceed over the level crossing and continue along the pavement. Take second turning right into Kingfisher Way.
- Take the path to the left which follows the stream. Whilst continuing ahead you will cross Bilberry Drive, The Rushes and Main Road. On entering The Gulls take the path to the right, over the stream and left into Tides Way.
- Turn left and follow the pavement to the end. Cross the road and continue ahead following Pebble Court. Turn right into Old Magazine Close.
- At the end of Old Magazine Close turn left into Main Road and return to Lloyds Recreation Ground.