Evaluation and next steps
From your study in this module, you should now have a better understanding of:
- how to introduce lessons at different points within a unit of work;
- how to define learning objectives that are clear and precise;
- how to structure lessons with sequences of episodes;
- how to use a variety of teaching strategies to help pupils learn more effectively.
To develop your practice further, you may wish to:
- put all the ideas into action by using Activity Resource 5 to plan and teach 2 different lessons;
- explore further the supporting resources for this unit, including relevant effective practice materials and the archived version of Unit 2 368kb from the 2006 DVD;
- explore how other teachers structure their lessons by exploring Pedagogy and practice: teaching and learning in secondary schools, Unit 1: Structuring learning (DCSF 0424-2004 G).
Having considered these next steps, you may wish to set yourself some personal targets to support your CPD and develop your practice further. You might use these targets to inform your performance management discussion.