View project report
This report allows you to run a report against a revenue or capital project.
Click the Projects folder, then select the View project report tile.
- Database profile
Click in the Database prof. field and click the search at the end of the field.
From the list of profiles available, double click to select the Standard selection (structure) option, and then click the green tick.
- Enter your report criteria
In the Plan Act Comm: Selection screen (shown above), complete the following fields:
- Project - enter a single or range of project references. You can use the Multiple Selection (yellow arrow) button to list project references that are not within a range. Where there is more than one phase to a project represented by a number of elements for the costs, each will be returned. Actual line items will be displayed for network activities and WBS elements.
- WBS Element - enter a WBS element to show the cost line items for a WBS element from the project. You can also enter a range or multiple selection. There will be two or more WBS elements within a project. A level one WBS and at least one level two WBS.
- Network/order (Object) - enter the network. You can also enter a range or multiple selection of networks. This can be entered with an activity to look at what work has been done (Time in hours and associated costs).
- Activity - enter the network activity to report on an activity within the project. This field will need to be used with the Network field.
- Plan Version - enter the plan version that your budget is against.
- From Fiscal Year - enter the fiscal year you want to run the report against (eg to run the report for fiscal year 2013-14 enter 2013).
- To Fiscal Year - enter the fiscal year you want to run the report against (eg to run the report for fiscal year 2013-14 enter 2013).
- From Period - enter the period you want to run the report from (eg to start from the beginning of the year, enter 1).
- To Period - enter the period you want to run the report to (eg to report to the end of the year, enter 13).
- Cost Element Group - only complete this field if you want to run the report against a specific cost element group, otherwise leave blank.
- Or Values - only complete this field if you want to run the report against a cost element or range of cost elements, otherwise leave blank.
Click the Execute button at the top of your screen to run the report.
- Report results
The left of your screen will show a Variation: Object column. This will display the structure of the project you are viewing. Click the Navigation on/off button at the top of the screen to hide or unhide this information.
The columns you will see on your report results are explained:
- Actual value - the actual expenditure or income posted to the project.
- Commitments - the orders raised for the project but not yet goods receipted.
- Total - the total of the Actual value and Commitment columns.
- Plan value - the plan entered against the project.
- Variance - the total expenditure or income, minus the plan figure.
You can view any line in more detail by double clicking the value you are interested in. Click the Back button to return to the previous screen.
- Change layout
You can change, save and select different layouts for the line items of your report.
Click the Change Layout... button at the top of the screen
The Displayed Columns show the columns that are currently displayed on your report. The Column Set shows columns that are available for you to add to your report. Select the column name and use the arrows to move it between the two lists.
You can now either:
- Save your layout by clicking the Save button at the bottom of the window
- apply the layout to your report by clicking the green tick.
Having followed the steps above, enter a name for your layout in the Save layout field and a description without a “/” character in the Name field.
Tick the User Specific box in all cases. This will ensure the layout is specific to you and not applied to other users. You can set this layout as your default by ticking the Default setting box.
Click the green tick to save your changes.
Selecting a layout
You can select an alternative layout by clicking the Select Layout... button from the line items of your report. Select the layout you require from the list that appears.
- Export to Excel
Click the Local File button along the top of your screen. If you can't see this click the double arrow on the far right side of the black bar at the top of the report and then select the option from the drop down list.
Select the Spreadsheet option then click the green tick.
Click Run/Yes to any application or security messages that may appear.
Click the icon at the end of the Directory field and select a folder in which to save the report
Give the report a suitable file name and ensure the File Type shows as Text (.txt). Click Save then Generate. Click Yes if a security warning message appears.
To view the exported report open the file from the folder in which you have just saved it, then click Finish on the text import wizard box.
Delete any unnecessary columns and rows and re-save the spreadsheet as an Excel file by changing the file type.