Public, Community & School Transport

Access to Work

If you cannot use public transport to get to work because of a disability, the Access to Work scheme may be able to help with the cost of taxi fares or modifications to a car which will enable you to continue to drive.

People who are driven to work by relatives or friends who have to make a double return journey can also receive help with their expenses. You don't have to be registered disabled to be eligible for the scheme, but your health problem or disability should be likely to last at least one year and affect the kind of work you can do.

Contact your regional Access to Work contact centre to check whether you can get help.

Alternatively, ask the Disability Employment Adviser (DEA) at your local Jobcentre about Access to Work.

Access to Work Contact Centre
(London and the South East)
Jobcentre Plus
Access to Work Operational Support Unit
Nine Elms Lane
SW95 9BH

Telephone: 020 8426 3110
Textphone: 020 8426 3133
Fax: 020 8426 3134