Public, Community & School Transport

To register or for more information ring

01962 846786


Meon Valley Minibus (96)

What is the Meon Valley '96' Minibus?

It is a public transport service for residents of Wickham, Shirrell Heath, Shedfield and Swanmore and who meet certain criteria (see the 'eligibility' tab).

The Meon Valley Minibus is similar to a bus service only a 'minibus' picks passengers up instead of a bus. These services are often put in place when a bus service no longer operates in the area and are normally known as either a Taxishare or Carshare or in this case Meon Valley Minibus.


Where can I travel to?

You can travel to:

  • Wickham Square

  • Sainsbury's at Broadcut

  • Fareham Town Centre

The Meon Valley Minibus service picks you up from your home address.


Can anyone use this service?

You can use the service if you live in Wickham, Shedfield, Shirrell Heath or Swanmore and meet the following criteria;

  • You live more than 400m from a bus stop, or

  • You do not have access to a car, or

  • No bus service runs when/to where you need to travel, or

  • You find it difficult to use a bus, or

  • You are accompanying someone who meets the above criteria


When can I travel?

The Meon Valley minibus operates Monday – Friday (but not on public holidays).

Specific  timetable information will be sent to you once you have registered.


Meon Valley fares

Swanmore to Wickham: single £2.00

Swanmore to Fareham: single £2.50

Shirrell Heath/Shedfield to Wickham: single £1.50

Shirrell Heath/Shedfield to Fareham: single £2.00

Wickham to Fareham: Single £1.80

There are no return fares.

If you have a Hampshire County Council disabled person's bus pass you can travel free on this service. If you have a Hampshire County Council older person's bus pass you can travel for free on any journey departing from your stop after 09:30. If you have a pass issued by any other English Local Authority you can travel for free on any journey departing from your stop after 09:30. In all cases show your pass to the Taxishare/Carshare driver each time you travel otherwise you will need to pay.

Children under 5 may travel for free and children between 5 and 16 may travel for half fare.


How do I book?

Before you can use the Meon Valley Minibus you need to register with Hampshire County Council by calling the number below. You will be sent membership information with the booking number to ring when you would like to travel.

To use the service you must book your seat. You can book up to seven days in advance and up to the day before you wish to travel.

For more information on any of the Taxishare and Carshares in Hampshire please call the Community Transport Team on 01962 846786.

Details of any Taxishare/ Carshare schemes in your area can be found by using the Transport Search.


A leaflet about the service is available to download below.

Meon Valley Minibus Leaflet Download Acrobat Reader to view this PDF 149kb (96)

Other carshares/taxishares in the Winchester area: