Hampshire County Council plays a key role in supporting and developing public transport services in the County. We don't directly run the buses, but we plan and pay for bus services which are needed but don't pay for themselves. These services are run by commercial operators, mainly in the evenings, at weekends or in rural areas.
At a glance:-
- The bus network consists of approximately 240 bus services.
- Of these 240 bus services, 138 are paid for by the County Council at a cost of £6.7 million p.a.
- Bus services provided by 38 operators.
- Over 700 buses running covering 34 million km p.a.
- 27 million passenger journeys p.a.
- 11 main bus stations and over 8,500 stops served.