Customer Service Excellence (CSE)
The Hampshire Pensions Services were able to maintain their Customer Service Excellence (CSE) certification following an annual review in April 2013.
The assessor praised the service for their culture for continuous improvement. The previous partial compliance has been removed after they were able to demonstrate that inroads had been made at clearing a backlog of work, allowing all targets to be met. This means that the Pensions Services have achieved full compliance for the first time since being awarded CSE in 2009.
In addition, the assessor awarded a compliance plus for demonstrating the corporate commitment to customer excellence.
Some of the key strengths mentioned in the report are:
- Embracing face to face contact with customer groups as an effective method of consultation with sessions specifically tailored to their needs.
- Ongoing process improvements continue to be made typified by a bank of recent projects which have improved the customer journey.
- Improvements made to the website resulting in more information being made available to customers.
- Continuing to keep a wide variety of communication channels open.
- Setting and meeting a challenging set of targets and standards.
The Pensions Services are now considering the areas for development suggested in the report to ensure they continue to maintain a high standard of customer service.