Various Roads, Gosport and Lee-on-the-Solent
TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES – VARIOUS ROADS, GOSPORT AND LEE-ON-THE-SOLENT 2013
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN under Section 14 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 that Hampshire County Council proposes to make an order to allow for essential carriageway patching and maintenance works on the highway, to be undertaken as follows:
EFFECT OF ORDER:
(i) Revokes The Hampshire (Various Roads, Gosport No.2) (Temporary Road Closure) Order 2012 insofar as it relates to Findon Road; and
(ii) Temporarily suspends The Borough of Gosport (Findon Road) (Prohibition of Waiting at Any Time) (One-Way Traffic) (Amendment) (No. 12) Order, 1991 insofar as it relates to the one-way traffic specified in Schedule 2.
ROADS TO BE CLOSED: Those parts of the following:
- Cambridge Road, Gosport between its junctions with Allenby Road and Nightingale Close.
- Cambridge Road/ High Street/ Salisbury Terrace, Lee-on-the-Solent at their crossroad junction for a distance of 10 metres in each direction.
- Manor Way, Lee-on-the-Solent between its junction with High Street and its junction with Grove Road.
- Findon Road, Gosport between its junction with Albemarle Avenue and its junction with Amberley Road.
- Shamrock Close, Gosport (cul de sac) between its junction with Willis Road and its eastern point of termination.
ALTERNATIVE ROUTES: will be signed via -
- Cambridge Road; A32 Brockhurst Road; Station Road; Military Road.
- Grove Road; Milvil Road; High Street.
- High Street; Beach Road (one-way); Marine Parade East; Portsmouth Road; Cambridge Road.
- No alternative route.
- No alternative route.
PERIOD OF CLOSURE: From 21 January 2013 for a period of 10 months or until completion of the works whichever is sooner. (Notwithstanding the above it is expected that each closure will be required for no longer than 2 days). Further notification will be given prior to closures.
Diversion routes will be signed at the time of closure. Reasonable facilities will be provided to allow access to adjacent premises while the work is being carried out.
If you have any queries regarding the above please contact Hampshire County Council, Highways Department on 0845 603 5633. Notices may now be viewed on our website www.hants.gov.uk/publicnotices
STUART JARVIS Director, Economy, Transport & Environment The Castle, Winchester, SO23 8UJ
Highways on 0845 603 5633
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org