Provision of Breakdown Cover for School Vehicles, mainly Minibuses
Tender from Hampshire County Council in Basingstoke and Deane, East Hampshire, Eastleigh, Fareham, Gosport, Hart, Havant, Isle of Wight, New Forest, Outside of Hampshire, Portsmouth, Rushmoor, Southampton, Test Valley, Winchester areas.
Hampshire County Council invites applications from suitably experienced firms/organisations who wish to be considered for selection to tender for the provision of breakdown cover for a range of approximately 130 school vehicles, mainly minibuses, most of which have a gross vehicle weight of over 3.5 tonnes.
The main objective is to provide appropriate breakdown cover on a set annual premium basis, not a pay for use basis, for a mixed fleet of vehicles falling within one of three categories: -
1. Minibuses with between 9 and 16 passenger seats plus the driver and a gross vehicle weight of over 3.5 tonnes
2. Minibuses with between 9 and 16 passenger seats plus the driver and a gross vehicle weight of 3.5 tonnes or below
3. Cars and MPVs with up to 8 passenger seats plus the driver
It is essential that cover includes:
1. Roadside assistance
2. Vehicle recovery
3. Recovery for all passengers plus the driver, which as some of the minibuses transport 16 passengers, will be up to a maximum of 17 people and onward travel including either a replacement minibus or a financial payment for up to 17 people for onward travel costs. Please note that passengers may include some wheelchair users.
4. Home start from a range of locations across Hampshire: the minibuses are based at various schools within Hampshire so there is not one base to operate home start from.
5. The call out vehicle will need to be stocked with a variety of parts covering the main causes of vehicle breakdown enabling the driver of the broken down vehicle to choose whether or not to get the vehicle fixed at the roadside or recovered.
Interested parties should register their interest in the project via the In-Tend wesite https://in-tendhost.co.uk/hampshire and complete and submit the tender documentation by 2pm on Monday 18th March 2013.
Rod Parsons 01962 846983
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org