Temporary Speed Restriction - A331 Rushmoor
'Proposes to Make' Notice:
TEMPORARY SPEED RESTRICTION – A331 AT RUSHMOOR
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that Hampshire County Council proposes to make an Order because of the likelihood of danger to the public whilst traffic surveys are carried out, as follows:
EFFECT OF ORDER: To impose a stepped speed restriction of 60 miles per hour reducing to 40 miles per hour.
ROAD TO BE RESTRICTED: That part of A331 for which the County Council is Highway Authority between a point underneath A3011 Lynchford Road interchange overbridge and the County boundary approximately 70 metres north of the Basingstoke Canal aqueduct.
PERIOD OF RESTRICTION: From 23rd September 2013 for a period of 2 months or until completion of the surveys, whichever is sooner. (Notwithstanding the above it is expected that the speed restriction will be in effect for 1 day between 6 am and 8 pm .)
Details may be viewed at: www.hants.gov.uk/publicnotices. If you have any queries regarding the above please contact Hampshire County Council, Highways Department on 0845 603 5633
STUART JARVIS Director of Economy, Transport & the Environment, The Castle, Winchester, SO23 8UD
Order that will be made:
THE HAMPSHIRE (A331) (TEMPORARY SPEED RESTRICTION) ORDER 2013
Hampshire County Council being the Traffic Authority is satisfied that traffic in the undermentioned road should be restricted because of the likelihood of danger to the public whilst traffic surveys are carried out and, therefore, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended by the Road Traffic (Temporary Restrictions) Act 1991, hereby makes the following order:
1. Subject to the provision of article 2 below, no person shall cause any vehicle to proceed at a speed exceeding 60 miles per hour or 40 miles per hour in that part of A331 Road for which the County Council is the Highway Authority between a point underneath A3011 Lynchford Road interchange overbridge and the county boundary approximately 70 metres north of the Basingstoke Canal aqueduct.
2. The provision of article 1 above shall apply only at such times and to such extent as may from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
3. No speed limit imposed by this order applies to vehicles falling within regulation 3(4) of the Road Traffic Exemptions (Special Forces) (Variation and Amendment) Regulations 2011 when used in accordance with regulation 3(5) of those Regulations.
4. This order may be cited as “The Hampshire (A331) (Temporary Speed Restriction) Order 2013”.
5. This order shall be in operation from 23rd September 2013 for a period of 2 months or until completion of the surveys whichever is the sooner.
SIGNED on the authority of the County Council this 20th day of September 2013.
Highways Department 0845 603 5633