The Hampshire (Various Roads, Gosport and Lee-on-the-Solent) (Half Marathon) (Temporary Road Closure) Order 2013
TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE – VARIOUS ROADS, GOSPORT AND LEE-ON-THE-SOLENT (HALF MARATHON) 2013
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that Hampshire County Council proposes to make an order under Section 16(A) of the Road Traffic Regulations Act 1984 to allow the Gosport Half Marathon to take place on Sunday 17th November 2013, as follows:
ROADS TO BE CLOSED:
1. Marine Parade West, Lee-On-The-Solent between its junction with the south east side of HMS Daedalus slipway gate and its junction with Osborne Road.
2. Richmond Road, Lee-On-The-Solent between its junction with Marine Parade West and Kings Road.
3. Browndown Road, Gosport between its junction with Privett Road and Gomer Lane. * Browndown Road will be closed from 08:30 to allow runners to congregate for start of race and at approximately 10:50 the road will be reopened from Privett Road to a point south of the Kingfisher Caravan Park Entrance to allow site access.
Please note: controlled short term closures will also be in effect using red traffic signals on Broom Way, Lee-On-The-Solent at its junction with Cherque Way and Privett Road, Lee-On-The-Solent between its junction with Cherque Way and Browndown Road.
Vehicles will be prohibited from proceeding at such times as traffic signals are switched to all-red.
1. South-east via Marine Parade West; north via Milvil Road, west via Nottingham Place; west through HMS Daedalus, south west to point of closure and vice versa.
2. From eastern point of closure : either north via Kings Road to its junction with Nottingham Place then as above or east via Richmond Road to its junction with Milvil Road; south via Milvil Road to south eastern point of closure on Marine Parade West and vice versa.
3. North east via Gomer Lane to Privett Road; south west via Privett Road to northern point of closure and vice versa.
PERIODS OF CLOSURE: On 17th November 2013: Road Closures 1, 2 and 3 will be between the hours of 08:30 and 14:00 or until conclusion of the event, whichever is the sooner. The red traffic signals will be for short periods only as required between 09:55 am and 10:45 am.
If you have any queries regarding the above please contact Hampshire County Council, Highways Department on 0845 603 5633
STUART JARVIS, Director of the Environment
The Castle, Winchester SO23 8UJ
The attachment that follows includes the notice that appears in the Hampshire Independent on Friday 4 October 2013, a copy of the Order relating to this closure and a map showing the extent of the closures and diversion routes. Please note that although this is the 2011 event map the closures and diversions locations are the same.
- The Hampshire (Various Roads, Gosport and Lee-on-the-Solent) (Half Marathon) (Temporary Road Closure) Order 2013 attachment
0845 603 5633