Various Roads East Hampshire No.2
TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES – VARIOUS ROADS IN EAST HAMPSHIRE NO. 2
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that Hampshire County Council has made an order to allow for Operation Resilience works on the highway to be undertaken as follows:
ROADS TO BE CLOSED: those parts of the following roads –
- Bolinge Hill, Buriton between its junction with The Causeway and its junction with Glebe Road.
- Resurfacing Works
- Hill Brow Road, Liss between its junction with B2070 London Road and its junction with Woodlands Lane.
- Sheep Street, Petersfield between its junction with Market Square and its junction with The Spain.
- Warren Lane, Froxfield between its junction with Church Lane and its termination at end of the road.
- High Street, Buriton between its junction with South Lane and its junction with Kiln Lane.
- Uplands Road, Rowlands Castle between its junction with Bowes Hill and its termination at the end of the road.
- Forest Road, Liss between its junction with Wylde Green Lane and its junction with Petersfield Road.
- Dragon Street, Petersfield between its roundabout junction with B2070 Forebridge / The Causeway and Tesco and its junction with High Street.
- Red House Lane, Clanfield between its junction with South Lane and its junction with Hambledon Lane.
- Romsey Road, Horndean between its junction with North Road and its junction with London Road.
- St. Michael's Way, Horndean between its junction with North Road and its junction with London Road.
Drift Road, Clanfield between its junction with South Lane and its junction with New Road.
Catherington Lane, Horndean between its junction with Roads Hill and its roundabout junction with Stonechat Road and Walden Gardens.
- A272 Winchester Road between a point 25 metres west its junction with Genesis Lane and a point 25metres east of its junction with Genesis Lane.
ALTERNATIVE ROUTES: will be signed via the following roads –
- Petersfield Road, Greenway Lane, The Causeway.
- Hill Brow Road, Station Road, Farnham Road, A3 Trunk Road, A272, London Road (B2070).
- Hylton Road, Dragon Street, High Street.
- No possible diversion.
- North Lane, Bones Lane, Petersfield Road.
- No possible diversion.
- Petersfield Road, B3006 Farnham Road, Station Road, Mill Road.
- B2070 The Causeway, A3, Winchester Road, Station Road, B2070 Tor Way, Dragon Street.
- South Lane, Hambledon Road.
- North Road, St Michael's Way, London Road.
- North Road, Romsey Road, London Road.
- Drainage Works
- South Lane, Charlton Lane, New Road.
- Catherington Lane, Lovedean Lane, A3 Portsmouth Road, Catherington Lane.
- A272 Winchester Road, A3, A325 Woolmer Road / Petersfield Road / High Street / Camp Road / Farnham Road / Forge Road / Wrecclesham Hill / Wrecclesham Road / A31 Alton Road, A32 Gosport Road, A272 Winchester Road.
PERIOD OF CLOSURE: From 7th May 2012 for a period of 12 months or until completion of the works whichever is sooner. (Notwithstanding the above it is expected that the closures will each be required for between 3 - 6 weeks for drainage works, 1-3 days for resurfacing works and 10 days at Bolinge Hill for installing 'Grasscrete' concrete blocks).
Reasonable facilities will be provided to allow access to adjacent premises while the work is being carried out.
STUART JARVIS Director, Economy, Transport & Environment
The Castle, Winchester, SO23 8UD
Operation Resilience on 0845 603 5633