Various Roads Gosport No.2
TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES – VARIOUS ROADS, GOSPORT NO.2
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that Hampshire County Council has made an order to allow for essential carriageway maintenance on the highway to be undertaken as follows:
ROADS TO BE CLOSED: those parts of the following roads –
- Grove Road between its junction with San Diego Road and its junction with Sealark Road.
- Beauchamp Avenue between its eastern and its western junctions with Rowner Close.
- Green Crescent between its junction with Copse Lane and its junction with Beauchamp Avenue.
- Findon Road between its junction with Albemarle Avenue and its junction with Amberley Road.
- Bedford Street between its junction with A32 Forton Road and its junction with Brougham Street.
- Eastbourne Avenue between its junction with A32 Brockhurst Road and a point 10 metres east thereof.
- Welch Road/Melville Road (Rear Service Road) between its northern junction with Welch Road (adjacent no.1) and the rear boundary between no.1 and no.3 Welch Road.
- High Street, Lee-on-the-Solent (Rear Service Road) between its junction with Pier Street and its junction with rear access way serving nos. 1-29 Pier Street.
ALTERNATIVE ROUTES: will be signed via the following roads –
- Grove Road, Reeds Road, Melville Road, San Diego Road.
- Rowner Close.
- Green Crescent, Rowner Lane, Beauchamp Avenue.
- Albemarle Avneue, Amberley Road.
- Forton Road, Ann's Hill Road, Broughton Street.
- A32 Brockhurst Road, Elson Road, Brighton Avenue, Eastbourne Avenue.
- Southern junction (adjacent no.79 Welch Road).
- One-Way Traffic System will be temporarily revoked in the Rear Service Road between Beach Road and the point of closure.
PERIOD OF CLOSURE: From 1st June 2012 for a period of 12 months or until completion of the works whichever is sooner. (Notwithstanding the above it is expected that the closures will be required as follows:
Grove Road, Eastbourne Avenue and Bedford Street – no longer than one day each;
Beauchamp Avenue, Green Crescent, Findon Road and High Street (Rear Service Road) – no longer than one week each
Welch Road/Melville Road (Rear Service Road – no longer than three weeks).
Further notification will be given at each road prior to its closure.
Reasonable facilities will be provided to allow access to adjacent premises whilst the work is being carried out.
STUART JARVIS Director, Economy, Transport & Environment
The Castle, Winchester, SO23 8UD
Highways Department on 0845 603 5633
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org